LZBravo

LZBravo

Friday, November 27, 2020

Compound Raid Afghanistan

Intel indicates a large weapons cache in a countryside compound. The National Army decides it will conduct the raid without USA support. The Army is trying to show it can control areas outside of the cities. 

I’m testing one of my missions for the supplement I’m creating for Two Hour Wargames Chain Reactions, NUTS!, and/or FNG. Heck maybe even a standalone set depending how it takes shape. Chain Reaction is a really good complete game and it’s FREE!
THW Chain Reaction Rules Site

Forces
The National Army has two fire teams. One tasked with breaching and the second following to support. 
The Insurgents are represented by 6 Possible Enemy Forces (PEF). Two are in the compound open area and each building block has one. 


Breaching team moves in after taking out the patrol outside the compound. 


Team 2 moves in from the side watching for more guards and ready to support. It looks like surprise is holding. 





Two PEFs represented by the commander on the radio and the light MG team on the roof. 


The team breaches as the first PEF is 4 insurgents. Luckily for the team the second PEF was insight as well but is just the wind or an animal. 


The Army is quick and wins the insight test. They kill two insurgents and the other two duck back but only after one of them is able to knockout one soldier.  The support team quickly reinforces with one member joining the breaching team to keep them at full strength. 


S Vest! The leader exclaims but too late. The S Vest blows and takes out the bomber as well as all four National Army members. The remaining soldiers withdraw. The building PEF ended up as a suicide bomber who won the insight test even though I have a modifier to their insight test. 

Wrap up
A really quick but intense mission as was intended. My next test will be starting a SEAL three mission campaign.  

10 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed I have shared your post here https://wargames-directory.com/forums/topic/compound-raid-afghanistan/

    Feel free to join and share your work

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew! I greatly appreciate the comment and repost. I’ll join today.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and the kind comment. I really enjoy the story that the reaction system creates. I just can’t get too attached to characters! :)

      Delete
  3. This is good stuff...hope to see some vehicles on action! I’ve used CR for several modern games, it’s a good fit!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EDIT - should read “in” not “on”...sigh

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sgt Apone! I really appreciate the comment and visit. I agree CR is a nice fit and perfect for solo play too. I do have a few vehicles I’ll try to work in soon.

      Delete
  4. Nice little action - I used CR3 for several War on Terror games two or three years ago - its a good system and would be particularly suitable for solo games - several players might make the mechanics too slow though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks rrose! I agree it’s really a nice fit with no mods. I’m trying to create some scenarios and a campaign with added flavor mainly. I think Solo is really the wheelhouse but I’ve run with me kind of DMing with players running a team each and that worked well too. I might break it out at a local con in 2021 if we can.

      Delete