LZBravo

LZBravo

Friday, February 28, 2020

February’s GAO (game accounting office) Report

February’s GAO (game accounting office) Report 



My Awesome buys:
1. Grind House - we’ll be playing this Saturday. Looks like a fun theme. Grabbed the Cthulhu expansion cuz hey, it’s Cthulhu. ‘Nuff said.

2. Amerika Bomber - waited for this release. It’s close to B-17, but a tad simpler. Still a fun alternative history setting. A mission plays real quick. A campaign will take much more time and will probably get monotonous, depending on how the narrative plays out. Setup is quick which is a plus for me. I’m happy to own it.

3. Holiday Fluxx - darn it, what’s wrong with me? If my stack of Fluxx variations ever topples over, you’ll see it on a Richter Scale somewhere. But hey, it’s Christmas themed!

4. Arkham Horror LCG Point of no Return. The Dream Eaters story line remains one of our favorites in the system.

5. LotR LCG Challenge of the Wainriders Adventure Deck. Certainly an impulse buy. I was lured in by having Saruman as a Hero. I openly admit my weakness for JRR Tolkien’s series. And Fantasy Flight continues to scratch that itch for me with this LCG. Our plays of the Saga releases have been great thematic fun.

6. Letterpress - our families enjoy word oriented games at our Game Night gatherings. This one will be easy to teach and score for a larger group.

7. Strategy and Tactics Quarterly 9: The Revolutionary War. We enjoy Borg’s C&C Tricorne. I figured this will be a fun read before playing out a scenario.



Still Awaiting on:
1. Combat Commander WW1, BEF expansion - guess I believed they’d meet their Valentine’s Day delivery target. Pass the Snake Oil, I need a swig before my Brooklynn Bridge Deal goes through. It’s a fun system and I’m really looking forward to this preorder showing up at my door.



This month’s impulse buy and regret....
1. T.I.M.E. Stories - I wanted this to be a fun game and something different to occasionally play. But this doesn’t look like it is enough of an improvement over the past iteration to warrant table time. Worse yet I grabbed the expansion thinking it would put it over the top. Two botches on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment